Feb 4, 2012

Why The A - Not on an album

Are you in a hurry ? In such case, I strongly suggest you skip the review-reading step and directly download this release, for free and legally, from Dogmazic.net.

This release is open-licensed. You can make copies for your friends.

(Actually, first thing, this release is not truly open licensed. To be true, it is free license stuff, and you can actually do much more than making copies for your friends. But since I am a lazy guy, each time I review a release that is available under a free or open license, I do not state everything, and I just mention the above sentence. Which is in any case almost true. However free the release is, at a minimum, if a release is open/free licensed, you can make copies for your friends. Other rights granted to you by the license, if more free than that, are varying depending on the actual license. I'm sorry for people who release under licences that are not open but in fact free... But I selected this sentence to sum the whole thing up as easily as possible, both for me and for the people reading this blog)

So, well, what are we talking about ? We are talking about the Why The A songs. Why The A is a kind of trip-hop project, which is reaching excellence trough the tracks writing process, and also, is achieving the highest level of achievement when interpreting/recording them.

Basically, most people, while listening to this, will first notice how interesting the vocals are. But it would be an incredible error to stop here. Because, the vocals are only a part of the Why The A alchemy, which is very subtle and requires a lot of attention if you wish to fully enjoy it.

Why The A is not the kind of project that is releasing one EP per month. But actually, the handful of songs that are available will be your reward for having struggling trough life until today. They are insanely great. Actually, I do not now no one who, after listening to this project, told me anything else excepting that it is great.

I wonder why I did not write this review sooner. I am seriously thinking about the question, and still haven't find no explanation. But remember this blog is less than two days old, this should give you a clue.

I don't think it would be very useful If I continue to write this post. The music speaks for itself. This project is so much interesting that anything I can say would be of little value compared to the inner power that resides inside this music.

So then, I will put an end to this review shortly. Contrary to my friends who have their reviews printed on dead tree bits, I do not have to reach the end of the page in order to deserve my salary. To be true, there is no salary. Anything I could say would probably be useless, and I simply strongly suggest you to hold your breath, download this release (depending on the speed of your internet connection, you may be allowed to breath once or twice during the downloading stage), listen to it, then, you may come back and say 'Thank You', but actually I would prefer you thank Why The A directly, for putting these gems online, making them available for free, and allowing you so much extra things that I will not list all of them, go search a bit if you are interested in such matters.

No comments: