Feb 4, 2012

Kid Presentable - Strong Kiddo

Are you in a hurry ? Well, that's something not totally uncommon nowadays. In such cases, the best thing you can do is NOT to read this review, but instead of that, to download the release, for free and legally, straight from the artist website.

The actual licensing scheme selected for this release is not properly known. Please contact the right owners for further information.

Strong Kiddo is the ultimate Kid Presentable album... Later, Jono, who is KP's guitarist and co-singer, reached the top with his new project Meat Machine, but this is another story... But a few years back, he was still making a lot of noise with this band, which is, this is, to sum up, certain, one of the most interesting band whose record ever ended up on my computer.

Because KP is not kidding. KP is kicking out the jam, without thinking about the consequences. They have some excellent songs - hey, do you know many bands that will include several minutes of silence in one of their songs ? There's so much good things in the KP's short career, that I will not list them. Instead of that, I will write a little poem... No, I'm kidding you. This post is about Strong Kiddo.

Why Strong Kiddo and not their previous and still available effort, 'War On Wednesday' ? Well, I don't know. A choice had to be made, and I made this one.

The two releases are equally good. By 'good', I mean, they are just a perfect example of how punk music should sound, far away from all these bands who diluted it into mainstream pop in the hope to have their track featured as a soundtrack for such or such silly TV show that I will never watch.

I like pop, don't misunderstand me. But I like punk. And when punk is like KP's punk, this is even better. Just because this band is so honest and straightforward, that many so called punk bands should stop everything now and start to listen to their releases before they actually record anything new.

If you didn't already downloaded the release, you can, if you prefer, watch the video they made of one of their tours. A bright DIY video like I would like to watch more often. There also another video online, but I must confess I still haven't watched it so far. But the one for which I gave you the link, well, you should watch it. If you got enough time to do so (since it is long). I will give you a good idea about how great KP was.

Also, please note that this tour also featured Captain My Captain, which is also a great great band, and several live songs from them are on the vid.

No comments: