Feb 4, 2012

The Roman Line - Pissing Into The Wind

In an hurry ? You can download this release legally and for free from juiceboxdotcom.com.

This release is open-licensed. You can share it with your friends.

The Roman Line was a Canada-based (if I remember correctly) band that was playing a very pleasant mix of punk and punk rock, with a slight pop touch, for a result generally speaking simply excellent.

So then, they splitted. But, as a testimonial, they issued this release on the label JuiceBoxDotCom.com... And this is definitively a good thing. Because, hey, without this we would never have heard of them, probably. And this band really deserves to be discovered. This is simply one of the best bands that have surfaced in the past ten years, in my humble opinion. They are so straightforward and subtle in the meanwhile, this is pretty much unique. Please note that they sound a bit radio-friendly, but don't stop for such a small matter, the qualities inside their music are so big that you should enjoy it anyway.

I don't remember exactly how I heard about them. Probably trough ThePunkSite, I don't know. But when I listened to the release, I knew I had found something interesting. Deeply, deeply interesting.

I don't know exactly what makes the difference, in this release, with all the other punk/punk rock releases available out there. But I can tell this difference exists. The Roman Line was just great. Not yet-another-melodic-punk-clone... Something slightly different. Different enough to have their tunes featured here.

Maybe this is their attitude that influenced their sound, I don't know. But actually, The Roman Line will not deceive you, I promise. And, you know, as of per usual, that you can trust me.

No comments: