Feb 4, 2012

Shino - Transition

Are you in a hurry ? If so, you can give up the reading process and just download or stream this release right now, legally and for free, from the label AF Music.

This release is open-licensed. You can make copies for your friends.

Shino is a singer-songwritter. Ok, there's tons of them. Shino is a German singer-songwritter, singing in English. There's still plenty. Shino is making dark music, acoustic, and has a certain talent both in the way he writes and plays guitar rhythmic, and in the way he writes and sings vocal elements in his songs. Oh yeah, I know watcha gonna tell me... Our world is literally crowed with talented people, and you are probably wondering what is different with Shino and why I am writing about his work currently.

Well, I am not sure... This Shino release is among the ones I liked the most among what the AF Music record label has to offer. If you know AF Music, you are probably already aware of the fact that the music this label provides, if you like as much as they probably like the styles they use to feature, is on the top of what records label have to offer these days. Then, one of the best release from a real good label (this is only my opinion, yours may differ), equals a platten that, if you want to do something useful today, you totally have to discover.

Just because Shino's arpeggios, Shino's voice, are radiating a kind of magic. A very subtle magic, not easy to spot, and not outrageously evident... But anyway, after listening to this release during the past few month, quite often, I can tell you that the magic doesn't vanishes with time. That's, to be true, exactly the contrary that happened to me. The more I was listening to this 21-tracks masterpiece, the more the magic was strengthening, and I eventually got to a point where I had no other choice than writing a review.

Because, you know, when I post a review here, that's because the release is huge. And this release is so. If I had to name-drop a bit, I would say, Kurt Cobain met Nick Cave and the result is awesome. These two musician are famous for their honesty, and Shino music will not try to fool you. To be true, it will not even try to seduce you. It is, simply. And people of taste all around the world should listen to it and agree on the fact that there's still hope in our time of formatted emptyness broadcasted all year long by mainstream media.

I would like to say, I am writing this review with some readers in mind, especially... I am not actually sure of the fact that these people will read this review, but if so, I know I caught their attention with what I wrote previously... Since, I know what kind of music they like and I know that Shino's one is exactly the kind of stuff they are able to enjoy... And not to enjoy once or two times, but to enjoy constantly, more and more over time. So if you think you are among the people I have in mind while writing this review, this should be one more reason to make you give this wonderful album a listen. A contrario, if you think you are not among the people I am thinking of, I don't know, maybe what I wrote will still strongly suggest you to start discovering the world of a great, great artist, who definitively deserves your attention.

No comments: