Feb 3, 2012

Fukked Up - do this/do that

Are you in a hurry ? If so, you can download this release, legally and for free, straight from Jamendo, or buy a limited (128 copies) CD edition of it trough the label Deathrokk.

This release is open-licensed. You can make copies for your friends.

Well, what can I say ? I discovered Fukked Up with their first EP 'These Guys Are', a (not so) long time ago... To be true, mn0 from the band contacted me on Jamendo to ask me if I used to use Linux for music production. The answer being 'yeah, actually', and since FU used Linux too, I downloaded their EP and, since I am born in the late 70's and was a teenage in the grunge years, I enjoyed a lot the fact that is band is actually totally obsessed with the 90's grunge sound... The greatest bands ever, like The Clash, The Flaming Groovies or The Jam, used to put on record their obsession for a sound from the past... And FU is just another example of this approach of music, that, I think, is highly valuable.

But I must confess FU, practically, is not just copying and pasting the 90's grunge sound. They rework it in a 21th century manner, which is very pleasant.

The vocals are absolutely excellent. The drummer, who since left the band, is perfect. The bass lines are absolutely great. The guitar... Ah, the guitar is a central point in this band's sound... And it is great, absolutely.

Fukked Up now found a new drummer...

The band is from Leer, in Western Germany. They are singing in English, that's a good point in my humble opinion.

Wait... There's a video currently online... Just click. This is 'If I Were Kool', a nice song indeed.

What else ? Oh, nothing, excepting that this band is one of my favourite from the current century, along with No Monster Club and a few other ones.

What I would want to say is that, whatever your music taste is like, you should give FU a try. You may then come back here or there and thank me for the advice.

No comments: