Feb 4, 2012

No Monster Club - BRAIN HEAT WAVE

Are you in a hurry ? Well, to be totally true, you actually do not need to read this review. But another useful thing you can to is to head right now to the Bandcamp page for this release, where you can stream it and even download it, all of this, legally and for free. Even better, you can still buy one of the 100 numbered copies that are available on CD. At the time this review is being written, there is 8 of 'em remaining.

You know, you know, I am fighting hard against myself to be one of the harcorest No Monster Club fan on the planet. Recently, I took advantage over me, but this will not last for long, and I plan to restore my previous status very quickly.

So, you can trust me, when talking about No Monster Club. I keep on listening to everything this awesome band produced like other people do some other things they like. One of my main hobbies is to listen to No Monster Club. I just got anything they published - yes, I am a owner of one of the Tropical Decibels tapes that are sold out since a so long time ago that it doesn't worth counting.

What was I saying ? Oh, yeah, thanks, right, I was saying that, when talking about No Monster Club, if by chance there were people you could trust about this question, I would probably be among them. But not sure.

So here's what I have to say : This release is my favorite NMC release. NMC is one of the best band ever. When summing up, I can be gifted, ain't I ?

Oh, right, you're still not sure about listening to this great album ? So I'll try to be a little more accurate :

No Monster Club, is, basically, a 60's girl band made of males meeting the lofi garage sound. Or maybe, a perfect soul band meeting another perfect soul band, in a so 21th century manner. Or maybe an eternal manner. I don't know. But in all this overdrive resides the purest idea of art. No Monster Club is not just great. No Monster Club is not just awesome. No, to be true No Monster Club dares any kind of classification. Because, basically, this is No Monster Club, the great No Monster Club.

I once wrote, in a place that even the elders cannot remember exactly, that if someday aliens land on planet earth, undoubtedly the first thing they will ask will be to talk with No Monster Club's frontman.

So you have a better idea about how great No Monster Club is ? Well, this release is their best in my humble opinion. Since the band was born on the warm ashes of Dublin Duck Dispensary, they never seduced me more than with BRAIN HEAT WAVE. Nevertheless, their other releases are absolutely great, but BRAIN HEAT WAVE fits so well with my own idiosyncrasy, that I suppose that NMC crew came to my room once at night, scanned my personality, and wrote this album just in order to have a release that would perfectly respond to my musical taste.

I remember very clearly that, when I put this CD in my player - just because, this album was, at the beginning, released on CD exclusively... And later, (you can thank me for that, because an humble suggestion of mine triggered the process), it was made available for download - but, then, when I put the CD in my player, and when the first chords of 'I Am A Camera' started to make they way to my brain, I knew my life just had changed forever. That's what this release can make for you.

Actually, it may be slightly different in your own life, I don't know. Maybe you will think this release is not that good. This is your right. But, if you liked some other albums that were featured on this blog previously, you may have similar opinion than mine about this wonderful album.

By the way, No Monster Club is planning to issue a brand new album on vinyl for mid-March 2012. In the meanwhile, you can also get their previous releases, or even buy one of their splendid T-Shirts that were designed by Stephen Graham, straight from their official site.

Another information that I got very recently, is that the three ones that are No Monster Club are also members of the famous Irish band Grand Pocket Orchestra, a band who has a release planned for the end of the current month. Ahem, as we says in French, mais je dis ça, je dis rien.

No comments: