Feb 5, 2012

Monocephale - Mix dubstep (dance the bamboo forest away))

Are you in a hurry ? You can download this release, legally and for free, from Dogmazic.net.

What can I say ? I don't know. This music project released a mix, that is about one hour long, a few months ago. I listened to it and appreciated it a lot. Then, here's a post about it. Things are pretty much simple, right ?

With this mix, Monocephale is making some really nice synth-dub music, and I remember that, when I listened to it, I simply emailed my friends to recommend them this release. It should give you an idea of the inner value of this mix.

This is a mix featuring vocals. The vocals makes me think of a robotic John Lydon who took a brand new and yet unreleased synthetic drug that sedated him to the point he no longer uses the vocals tricks that made him famous. Just to tell you how great these vocals are.

But the vocals are not the main advantage of this dubstep mix. To be true, the music is probably as interesting as the vocals, or even more. I would say, basically, this is great stuff. Crazy, shiny, excellent music.

I am always a bit hesitating, when something is labelled 'mix'. In some cases, this is simply some tracks chained, which is not of a big interest. But as far as I know, it seems that in this particular case, Monocephale wrote and recorded everything, and the result is excellent... [update feb 9, 2012 : Monocephale said that he didn't write everything that makes this recording] A blend of root synth sounds and a 90's dance touch, but without the vulgarity.

I like this mix a lot. It is maybe not what will last in history as the greatest achievement in the music creation field, but this is simply because reviewers are blind...

To sum up, I would say : do you have 55 minutes of spare time available ? Are you looking for some kind of soundtrack for the current century ? Then, you should definitively get your hands on this release, which is one of the best 2011 surprises, in my opinion.

You may not agree with me. But if you agree, you will do so in a total manner. It's a matter of love or hate. Or maybe, actually, this mix can just lead you to a lack of opinion about it. That's the third solution. Nevertheless chances are high that you like it a lot, believe me.

No comments: