Feb 3, 2012

Panda Kid/No Monster Club - Panda Kid Meet No Monster Club

In a hurry ? You can stream and/or download the release for free and legally from the Bandcamp page the label set. Or you can buy this release on CD from Miacameretta Records (limited, numbered edition).

What can I say ? Simply, one of the best release ever. I know what I am talking 'bout. Hey, what, I am the great Shangri-l. I was listening to The Stooges when I was, say, 14 or 15. Before this, The Clash and The Sex Pistols. I am a Lords Of The New Church fan since I am 13. When I am talking about good music, you can trust me, for sure.

And this IS good music. I will never forget the smile that came on my face when I heard the first chords of Panda Kid's 'Junky Girl' which is the opening track of this split. I liked this release so much, not only I convinced a close friend to buy it, but I also bought a copy for another friend ; since, the word has to be spread about these bands.

You know, I like No Monster Club. To be true, I am a big fan. And there's probably no other band on this earth that could fit better for a split with No Monster Club that Panda Kid. Panda Kid is just making it. No Monster Club is, as of per usual, perfect. The result is one of the purest gems since the invention of recording technique.

This album is lo-fi. Yes, it's true, this album is lo-fi. But in the meanwhile, it is also so much poppy... Well, this mix is pretty much unique.

The two bands are at their top. They just blow everything away. Oh, wait, you liked the latest Rihanna ? You are a big James Blunt fan ? You buy everything the TV tells you to buy ? Or, you just download it illegally ? It's time to move, brothers and sisters. You gonna be the problem, or you gonna be the solution. It's time to act r_i_g_h_t n_o_w ! The simple, easy, so easy first step is to download this release from the above link. Your life will change forever, I promise you. This record is simply a new life waiting for you. You'll get into a brand new psych pop future simply by listening to it. If you don't believe me, just give it a try.

I do not use to rate albums here. But if I had to give stars to this split, I would probably rate it 99E98 stars. And it wouldn't been enough.

Sadly, I had no more news about Panda Kid since the issuing of this marvel in Spring 2011. But NMC is doing well, thanks. They keep on releasing, they got a brand new vinyl planned for March 2012, they are still one of the best band ever.

What would I like for XMas gift ? More releases like this one.

No comments: