Feb 5, 2012

Starcasm - Scorpio Tales

Are you in a hurry ? Nevermind reading this article and to directly on the album page on Last.fm where you can stream and/or download this release, legally and for free, in its entirety.

I don't want to make a novel outta my life (or do I ? ) but since this blog was started, I spend time thinking back about music I love to select a few albums that are great enough to be featured here.

And today, I remembered Starcasm. It was one of my favourite 2008 releases. This is very good pop, contemporary and atemporal, not so common and also that sounds like if you always knew the tunes. This is not only pop. This album is using various styles influences, for an overall real good result.

But this is not enough. I wouldn't write about this release if the qualities I just mentioned were the only ones. Because, besides being a very good album that you can listen to and even recommend, this album also contains an extragalactic effective marvel, and if you already gave a listen to the release you may have guessed that I am talking about 'My Name Is Art...'

Oh, yeah, I know, you may just see there yet another incarnation of a slightly post-rock influenced sound coming here once again, but in such case, you didn't listened to the song enough.

Because this song is much more than that. This is a music classic ! It requires a bit of involvement, but when the real essence of the song is colliding with you, you are transformed forever. Sadly, this will not be the case for anyone. I know people that didn't get it right. But it will not diminish the value this track has for me. This is simply a masterpiece. And with such killer track on it, the overall value of the whole album reaches the Kilimanjaro.

The album has no weak point, nevertheless, and the other songs are pretty much excellent ones.

If I had to be concise, I would say, don't listen to me and go to the release page to get your own opinion. Maybe a few minutes will be used in the process, but there's a pretty much high probability that this album becomes a part of your life.

No comments: