Feb 4, 2012

Explicite - Horizon Dépassable

In a hurry ? You can stream and/or download this release, legally and for free, from Dogmazic.net.

This release is open-licensed. You can share it with your friends.

The question was... Well, I knew I had to speak about Explicite on this blog... But the question was, which which album should I start ? They are all so great. After thinking about it a bit, I decided to start with 'Horizon Dépassable'.

Most songs on this released were composed in 2008.

Explicite is a French hip-hop artist, rapping in French. He is also the producer of the music ; and, I add immediately, an undoubtedly very gifted producer. That's the music that seduced me first in his work... Then I started to pay attention to the lyrics, and I discovered that Explicite was far away from the usual sexism/homophobia and so on clichés too often, sadly, associated with hip-hop.

To be true, while his message can be pretty much direct and while he is not afraid to speak the truth, his lyrics are also very subtle and somehow literary.

But you don't need to understand French to appreciate the high quality of Explicite's flow, and, I tell you once again, the music is far above the usual standards.

I listened to Explicite for long, often, and sometimes I was even focusing on the listening process. And my opinion is very clear : this is great. Just great. Simply because we actually need such a good artist. For me, he simply saved the hip-hop. I mean, he simply saved the hip-hop for me. You understand ? Since the end of The Disposable Heroes Of Hipoprisy, I hadn't much interest in hip-hop... But Explicite changed this. Just that.

If you got a bit of spare time, make yourself a favour a go discover this artist. You will probably appreciate him. I would bet it.

No comments: