Feb 6, 2012

MonsieurPaulLeBoulanger - Emptytude

[UDPATE number 1, Fev 6, 2012 : according to some sources, this EP could be made available by the art group publishing it, trough Dogmazic.net, very soon, before the officially announced previous release date]
[UPDATE number 2, same day : The EP is available on Dogmazic.net]

(This paper was first written on Feb 3, 2012, then a bit edited on Feb 6. Then this is an example of good old style of reviewing, the one that was commonly used on this blog at the beginning of its story)

Are you in a hurry ? Starting from February, 21 of the great year 2012, you will be able to download this album legally and for free from the ZC Virtual Underground Art Gallery website. Link should probably be updated once the album is issued, in order to point to the actual release page. [UPDATE number 3 : link is updated]

This release is open-licensed. You can make copies for your friends.

The issuing is, then, planned for Feb, 21 of the 2012 year. Hold your breath. Because this EP is a masterpiece.

There's 5 tracks on it. And all of them are pure marvels. In the very few first seconds of the EP, I was instantly seduced by its heavy sense of melody embedded into the sound. The perfect, sharp, round, clear rhythm patterns. The excellent production and mastering work. To sum up, briefly, this is clearly an EP that will be... Oh, yeah, I heard a little voice in my head that suggest that you already know what I am going to write...

A milestone in history of music !

I had the opportunity to listen to this EP a few times. And at each listen, I was more and more convinced that I had to face something HUGE. If you want to know which footprint this excellent 5-tracks piece will print on the contemporary culture, I would say, probably as much as Nevermind in 1991. Nothing less. Because, hey, this is a masterpiece (I tell you this once again). With this EP, MonsieurPaulLeBoulanger defines a brand new language. There will be a 'before Emptytude', and there will be an 'after Emptytude'.

MonsieurPaulLeBoulanger started his musical career in the late 90's, or maybe in the early 2000's, I don't know, with a band that is told as excellent but that I never listened to and am even unable to remember the name.

The high energy mixed with a perfect sense of sound landscape creation, the perfection reached in the composition and production process, not talking about how it is performed, that's some of the better things you'll find in this release.

To sum up, I would say, simply one of the best music bit ever. You know me, hey, when I'm telling you such a thing, you can trust me. So put a cross on your wall calendar and wait for the issuing.

No comments: