Feb 21, 2012

Panda Kid - Scary Monster Juice

Are you in a hurry ? Sorry I cannot help much. This album has been made available on tape only, and is now sold out. There's a release page on Already Dead Tape, the label, where you can stream a few tracks from the release, nevertheless. Or, alternatively, you can do the same on a little, lesser known website that you probably never heard about, called Bandcamp.

No matter if this album has four tracks that can be found on the previously reviewed split album with No Monster Club. I had big hopes, bigger than big, for this album, since I love Panda Kid's music since I got the split, one year ago, almost, already. And I was totally and definitively satisfied by it.

Just because, this is a perfectly produced, written and performed piece. But besides this, this is also what I use to call here, a milestone in history of music. The 60's spirit is highly present, as well as an undoubtedly existing lo-fi touch, for a final result which is among the best cocktails that crossed my path since... Oh, you know, I use to review here, what I think - and this, is only my humble opinion - are the best musical creations ever. Simply. I ain't have got no time to spend to write about average releases. And this 'Scary Monster Juice' is definitively among the gems I consider good enough to have them featured here.

Well, when talking about this release, words can easily become useless. This is the kind of album that actually turns me speechless. I cannot define precisely where its magic resides, nor how it operates, but the aim is reached : Panda Kid achieved one of the greatest achievements in the field of excellence, ever. I know I found something huge. Or something huge found me. In both cases, there's no way to escape, I simply cannot dodge the colliding, and now I am sure I have one of these releases that I'll keep on listening for years. The kind of release you simply cannot sleep on.

I feel sorry for you. There's now almost no more legal way to get it. I am so, deeply, sincerely sorry. Maybe someday you will be able to get your hands on it... To be true, even if I subscribed to the label that released the NMC/PK split, I wasn't aware of the existence of this album until I reviewed the split here ; then I told NMC about the review, NMC read it (kind ain't it ? ) and told me about the PK tape (even kinder, would you agree ? )... I rushed to the online store like a racing horse, just to see that there were only TWO copies still available... And, unfortunately for you, when I received my tape in the mailbox during the previous week, I went to check and realised the album is now sold out.

But there's still hope. 100 copies were produced. That is to say, there's up to 100 people in the world who currently own it. You can simply try to get in touch with one of them and promise enough money to have him/her selling you his/her copy. It is that simple. There's harder tasks in this universe. What are you waiting for ? There's a quest waiting for you !

These tapes are absolute collectors. Cover/booklet art was created by spanish Artist Andrea Barbero, and cassettes are hand painted by Joshua Tabbia. But I said enough now. As I said, it's time for you to try to get a copy of this masterpiece.

No comments: