Feb 4, 2012

Ferdinand Raillefer - Musique cultuelle en 2007

Are you in a hurry ? You can download and or stream this release right now from Dogmazic.net [udpate : no longer there, but still available trough BitTorrent (legally)[update 2 : the link was updated with a more easy to get torrent]], for free and legally, and you'll even be able to find a BitTorrent link there if you prefer get your hands on this album this way.

This release is open-licensed. You can make copies for your friends.

Beware ! This is heavily experimental stuff ! Recommended only to very open-minded people ! Ferdinand Raillefer uses to do some crazy things, like autotuning the output of a speech synthesis software, creating music from mathematical equations, and that is only quick examples. You are warned... Nevertheless this project can as well be very melodic and poppy, just listen to 'Au Clair De La Lune' on this release and you will understand what I mean...

I started to listen to FR songs a few time ago... But that's when 'Au Clair De La Lune' was (re?)issued that I turned into a real fan of this project. Since, you know, this blog aims to allow you (yes, you) to become aware of the greatest project according to my own taste, it was perfectly sensible in my opinion that the first FR release I review here is the one with 'Au Clair De La Lune' on it...

FR is one of the most innovative artist since... Ahem, I don't know. Some songs are like contemporary 'A Perfect Day', and some others are like contemporary 'European Son'... This one-man band is, as far as I know, at the avant-garde of the pioneering approach of musical creation. I am pretty much sure that, centuries away from now - if this world lasts that long - this music will still be listened to and appreciated at its real value.

FR is running its own record label, Productions Monpauvrelieu. This project is located in Eastern France. I don't know, maybe, there can be many reason to like - or to dislike - the way FR makes music. But anyway, this is not the kind of music on which, usually, listeners do not have an opinion.

There's other side projects due to the same person. I may talk about them in the near future, but if your both curious and impatient, just browse the 'Productions Monpauvrelieu' label page on Dogmazic.net to discover them.

If I had to sum up this release in only a few words, it would sound a bit like : "Hey ! I tell you ! This release will transport you into a new, part gray, and part coloured area of the musical universe ! Admitting you are the kind of people appreciating this kind of stuff... And about this fact, assumption can hardly be made. So you haven't got much options : either you take a chance a give this release a try, or you forget everything that I said before in this post and wait for something more conventional to be featured on the blog. I both cases, you are my friend."

No comments: