Feb 4, 2012

tdBt & the garys - A la poursuite de René Fonck

Are you in a hurry ? In such case, no need to read, just download this release legally and for free from Dogmazic.net.

This release is open-licensed. You can make copies for your friends.

Ever heard about René Fonck ? He was one of the greatest fighter pilot of World War I, if not of all times. His fame is still very alive is France, although if there is some kind of web services that keeps on classifying some things I post about this album in their 'Adult content' section, since, you know, the name of this veteran can be seen as a misspelled version of a commonly used English rude word...

Ahem. Ahem ahem... This release, I got aware about it thank to a friend. It took me maybe 6 or 9 month before I got the motivation to actually listen to it... But when it happened, I bitterly realised that I could have made my life a much better one by listening to this release sooner.

This is, basically, a band that is not afraid of using electronic gear for their tunes. And the result is among the best that can be done, no matter which gear you use. This album's fame is ever growing, and I am pretty much sure that it is totally good enough to be featured on this blog. Because, this is a good album. And besides this, this is a purely innovative album, by many aspects.

If you don't see exactly why this album is innovative, don't expect me to explain you the reason that made me express this idea. But I can explain, maybe, why it is good.

Simply because it rocks ! Atmosphere and energy blended together in an unique cocktail ! It was released a long time ago, and it's a shame that (I suppose) you did not hear about it until now. I must confess I am not listening to it that often... Why ? Maybe because this album is one of the kind of albums that actually need to be totally focused on the listening process. Well, this is what I think, but I will not blame you if you put it in the background while peeling potatoes or doing whatever else. But for me, this album has to be heard while hearing it and doing nothing else... This the way I use to listen to it, actually. Once again your opinion can differ from mine about this point, and I won't blame you in such case. That's simply the way my relation with this album is.

A really good point with this release, is that, while still being coherent as a whole, each song is different from the previous one, and you will probably not get bored if you are wishing to invest a few dozens of minutes in order to make it enter in your life. To sum up - you know that I like to sum up a lot - I would say that any true music lover has a real possibility to find for him/herself the reasons why he or she will love this release. Once again, I tell you that you did not landed on this blog due to some crazy will of an unknown random deity. You landed on this blog because your musical taste can be, at some point, similar to mine. Maybe there's an artist or band that we both like, or maybe we are hanging around on the very same websites, or maybe - a few people only - you are one of my closest friends and reading this blog for this reason. Ultimately, you may even be a member of one of the project that were featured here previously ; and if I featured your project with a review, that's because I like it, so then once again there's similarities in our respective musical preferences. In any case, when I tell you I liked this album a lot, this may - or may not, it's your choice - be a sufficient reason for you to listen to it. Besides this, this is absolutely possible that we both like a particular music project, and that, for another music project, I like it and you don't like it. But the probability that we actually both like this 'A la poursuite de René Fonck' is high enough, I think, to have me humbly asking you to give this release an opportunity to make its way to you trough your hearing organs.

No comments: