Feb 6, 2012

O.P.A - Concert pour public invisible [Ubuntu Party]

Are you in a hurry ? You can just stream and/or download this release legally and for free from Dogmazic.net.

This release is open-licensed. You can make copies for your friends.

Let's start with some facts :

O.P.A is a French band singing in French. I don't know exactly how many musicians have been or are in this band, because it is a kind of open project, and its members are always changing. The release this review is about, features the band in a 'voice, violin, acoustic guitar' configuration.

O.P.A is not, exactly, writing song :

I said, the members are always evolving. But you can be sure their vocalist m. will be always among them, singing the the texts she wrote.

And the jam goes on.

This project has lots of published release available that I don't know very well. But when I listened to the one we are discussing today, which is live recording, I discovered the one I had to talk about here first, before anything else that I know for now from this band.

This live recording was made during an install party hold in December 2011 in Bordeaux, France, broadcasted live, and published shortly after this, in January 2012.

On this particular evening, we met a band in which each musician is making his task, together with the other ones, in a kind of perfect manner.

This recording has a raw sound. The music is here and there's no possibility to do something else that to appreciate.

Well performed, with rock influences - in my opinion, and I suppose that there's a possibility to agree with me on this point.

This album was good enough for a review here, because for now I only wrote here about my favourites releases, and this recording is certainly among them. So, once I located where it could be found on the net, I had to start to write this review.

And I'm now finishing my post : I'll sum up a bit by saying that here is a lot of will and a lot of truth in this release.

[UPDATE : A video from the show featured on this album will maybe be published soon. Please see the the band's official site]

No comments: