Feb 5, 2012

*Ne Mochite Ranenyh Krotov* - Letnie Dni

Are you in a hurry ? You don't need to read this, actually, but you have (I think) to download this wonderful release here, legally and for free, directly from the label Umpako.

This release is open-licensed. You can make copies for your friends.

What are we talking about ? We are talking about an IDM project located in Ekaterinburg in Russia, that has some specificities that should make you consider seriously the idea of making their music entering into your life.

First, they like short songs. Which is nice.

Then, while the majority of their music is very experimental, strange and definitively very different of the usual things people encounter in nowadays' media, it happen sometimes that they write a pure electro-pop marvel. That's why I reviewed this 'Letnie Dni' first : because of the final track, "Novoe utro novogo dnya", which is so great that my English cannot express accurately how much I like it.

This track - if I remember correctly, I discovered it by tuning in into the label's webradio - made me download the album.

Later, after listening to the other, more experimental tracks of the releases, while appreciating the fact that the songs are short and straightforward, I downloaded several other releases from the same band, and I have to admit that I really liked any of them.

But to be true, this particular release remains my favourite among everything *NMRK* published. Just because 'Novoe utro novogo dnya' is so great, so well written, so perfect, that it adds much to the overall value of the album (which would be high even without this song, but by having this song onto it, it makes the release's value just reach the sky, or maybe Pluto).

*NMRK* means : Do not kill wounded moles.

If I had to sum up this release in just a few words, I would say : give a listen to 'Novoe utro novogo dnya'. Even if you are no the usual IDM-liking type, this song has the potential to seduce you instantly and completely. Then, if you want to spice up your life a bit with some very strange and somehow different music, you can go on with the whole album, which is like music made by ghosts at night in a cold and dark swamp.

Please note that this project is not a one-man band ; as far as I know, it would count four members.

No comments: