Feb 8, 2012

No Monster Club - Young Guts Champion

Are you in a hurry ? You can stream this entire release or buy it as audio files from not a lesser-known site which is named Bandcamp where there's a Masses//Masses page, Masses//Masses being the label, and I know very few about it.

The main question with No Monster Club, this blog is mind, is how can I keep the publishing rate of reviews from their releases low enough to be sensible ? Because several of them have to be here, according to my current idea which is to talk about recordings that are my favourite from the past few years.

I knew for a while I wrote enough posts about other projects to be able to publish another one about No Monster Club. I don't know exactly why I featured the previously featured NMC releases first, but a choice has again to be made and I let unconscious parts of me think about the problem until I woke up and discovered I had to write about the one I'm talking about in this message.

This is an excellent 6-tracks long release, because NMC plays rock n' roll. Definitively and for sure. They roots are deeply buried into the richest grounds, that I can only vaguely define because of my lack of knowledge from some parts of the previous decades music. But I still have remembrance of what people sometimes mean by 'rock n' roll'.

In a very clear manner, with this release NMC, as they use to do constantly since the band started, created a masterpiece. Maybe there's people reading wondering if this album is for them, and, what can I say is this can be the case especially for the ones who likes a bit of overdrive and melody.

There's things you can't easily express with words. That's why for some reviews I don't write much. Sometimes a release requires to be more concise to be faithful to the way I love it. That's why I will not write much more. Maybe what I expressed here will give you an idea of how high is my opinion this release.

No comments: