Feb 4, 2012

Gunther Tarp - Not on an album

In a hurry ? You can download this release, for free and legally, from Dogmazic.net

These tracks are open-licensed. You can share them with your friends.

Gunther Tarp is one of my favourite 2011 discoveries. This is an excellent mix of rock, high-energy and punk, with a really nice Hüsker Dü touch.

This is a French project. Also, this is a one man band, and Djé, the man behind the project, is singing in English.

With intergalactic diamonds such as 'Sucker', Gunther Tarp already gained the attention of a small group of music liking people. I hope this is only the beginning, and that his fame will get always bigger.

Just because, GT's music is simply excellent. You should definitively give it a try. Hey, you know, since I am talking about him here, it means that it is a valuable artist, know what I mean. I don't run this blog to have another hobby. I run this blog because there is around some artists so great, and no one is talking about them. Things have to change. I am changing things. I am talking about Gunther Tarp.

Yeah, 'Sucker' is great... I would recommend to start with this one... But the other songs are pretty much great too. 'Strong as we can', as an example, with his heavy punk/hardcore touch, is simply a... Yeah, yeah, I heard someone in the audience who guessed what I was going to say... Right ! A milestone in history of music.

To sum up briefly, if you like music, you will like Gunther Tarp. That's so simple. If you think music is just here to prevent you to hear the traffic on the road over there, well, I ain't no sure. But if you think music as a primal kind of expression that speaks directly to the soul, in this case you'll enjoy GT. So simple.

No comments: