Feb 4, 2012

Logan Dataspirit - Grain Blanc EP

Are you in a hurry ? This is, definitively, not a problem for me. You can act right now and start downloading this release straight from the artist. Legally. For free. And, last but not least...

This release is open licensed. You can make copies for your friends.

Once again, I got my attention put on this artist thank to a friend. And, I must admit, this is a real good discovery.

Logan Dataspirit has been producing electronic music since a long time ago. While the EP we are talking about today is an house one, LD is very eclectic and can produce music in various style, but often, there's nevertheless a true Club spirit in what he uses to release... This project is a one-man project, and has been putting the dancefloors on fire in the US, in Europe an in Japan.

I am not a big fan of the usual dancefloor-friendly crap. But LD is different. He is a direct heritor of a lesser-known side of club music, which is much better than what you will hear on TV or mainstream radios. His music makes me think of some of the best producer I used to meet when I was a webmaster for the Art'Fusion electronic music volunteer organisation back in the first, first time of the early 2000's. The same idea of refusing to use the hear-candy too often associated with this kind of music. The final result is, to be true, the kind of thing that can actually make you enjoy electronic music even if you initially thought that such music is not your cup of tea. Period.

This EP, especially, is really good. Stop, don't make me say what I didn't say : the whole LD stuff, not only this release, is certainly valuable and is made according to the idea of club music that I stated in the previous paragraph. I will not lie to you : I've been listening, in the past few month, to just anything that LD released, and not only once, but often. Excepting the more recent releases. But with the previous ones, I still had a lot of material to listen to.

And I enjoyed it, deeply. LD is simply a good, real, true artist and musician. His music shows that you are not tied to use the usual cheap tricks in order to make people dance, but that you can also do so without compromising and with a lot of classe.

If you are still looking for someone that is definitively not one of these awful electronic music producers that are imposing their crappy sound to you each time you climb in a taxi, but in the meanwhile is still making danceable and enjoyable music, you can pause your search and take a look at what LD has to offer. You may like it, or not. But there's so much chances that you actually like it... That the other option is mentioned here only with completeness in mind.

No comments: