Feb 5, 2012

Gotch - Le voyage de Gotch

Are you in a hurry ? If so, you can download this release, for free and legally, and also stream it, from Dogmazic.net.

This release is open-licensed. You can make copies for your friends.

I like Gotch a lot. With his recent excellent tracks 'Odda' and 'Adèle' he demonstrated how interesting his music is ; that's with these two tracks that I discovered his work. But today, we will go a few time back. Back to 2004, the year of 'Le voyage de Gotch', his debut EP,

His music used then to be completely electronic.

About this album, so many strange and contrary thought came to my mind that I would be completely unable to express clearly why this album is great. To be true, I am totally confused. Should I try to play the game named it-sounds-a-bit-like-such-or-such-band ? I am not sure this would be the best way to write a review of this EP.

Because, outside it greatness, it is also so... So... Well, you know, in the summer, late at night, you take a ride outside, and suddenly, on a dark way, you meet an old friend who decided to do the same, at the same time. That's how this album can be summed up for me. Prepare - admitting you actually listen to or download this release - to meet an old friend on a dark way. If by chance your idea of how music is made for you is similar to mine.

Gotch is just not exactly the kind of thing I was waiting for. It appeared in my sight, and I wasn't ready for this. This is, to speak properly, a complete surprise. The question of what is good electronic music is not the question. The question is which electronic music is good for you. Sometimes I meet artists that make me think that they write a music that is... The music I need. According to my taste, the music I would perfectly appreciate.

Gotch makes me think of this. If you landed on this blog, there may be similarities on the way we think some music is good music. Maybe there's band we both appreciate, things like that. Then, Gotch can be interesting in your opinion.

No comments: