Feb 5, 2012

Dubmood - Badlands

Are you in a hurry ? Admitting you are in a hurry, you can just stream in its entirety and/or buy this release from Bandcamp courtesy of the Dataairline label. Also, a 5.21" limited CD has been available, but is now soldout, and this is too bad because there were bonus tracks on it.

Well, you are still there ? For once, we'll let the music speak for itself and will start with what is, according to my taste, the best track on this release, the 'Mainstream Technology' track. There's a video online, and I suggest you watch it right now.

Nice song ain't it ? It was composed by Dubmood and Facteur, who used to work together in the past, already, I'm not exactly sure at which level, but I can say they performed together, for sure.

The excellent vocals are due to Buzz and to Gem Tos. Outside Dubmood, other instrumentalists involved on this track are Buzz, Albator and Facteur.

But you can learn all these things on the release page. I don't know why I am writing this here, then. So let's try to be a little more deserving our salary and let's talk about the music.

The music is huge. Especially the track for which I just gave you the video link. But the other tracks on this EP are not bad too, and they are the kind of stuff that you actually may want to listen to, in this ever-soliciting world.

With this release, Dubmood is going really far. He is already a kinda well-known music maker for a small crowd, and this release, this fact is absolutely sure, will make more people dig his music. Dubmood's story, historically, is bound to the one of the demoscene. If you never heard of the demoscene, I'll sum up in a few words as possible : this is something you must absolutely start now searching some information about...

You know, I tell this often enough, currently this blog is only talking about great releases. This one is not an exception. I heard about it thank to a friend, and I listened to 'Mainstream Technology' looping for a few hours immediately after the first time I heard it for the first time. Oh, yeah, the other tracks on the release did not seduce me as completely as this one, but what I got while listening to them was much more positive than negative, and if I had to express an opinion about the thing as a whole, I would say that this is the kind of stuff that you should be aware of, whoever you are, then I am here to tell a bit about the EP.

Mixing chiptunes with mainstream music can lead to astounding things, I suppose you will agree...

No comments: