Feb 12, 2012

gloss. - TROPHY

Are you in a hurry ? Reading this review is not mandatory. You can head straight to the release page on the Fusion Netlabel website or stream and download this release, legally and for free, from Archive.org.

This release is open-licensed. You can make copies for your friend.

I've been thinking about the idea of publishing here a review for this 2011 release (due to a netlabel, featuring a Mexican music project) for a while. Today I decided that the reasons that prevented me from writing a post about it until now were not good reasons.

Because, I enjoyed this release a lot, and it surely deserves to be one of those I talk about, that is to say, the best that music offered to me in the past few years.

Yes, I review great albums. And this album is great. Mixing electronic instruments, more conventional ones, and voices, this 6-tracks EP can potentially be liked or loved by many different people, for many different reasons. The reason that made that I consider it as a very good release may be the very atmospheric quality of the songs, the overall production which is perfect, not too loud and very clean, and many other things. What I know for sure is that this is the kind of release that counts, the ones that motivate me to keep on writing my opinions about various sounds from time to time.

I often use the words 'musical landscape'. Please excuse me, but I'll use them once again. This release is like a painting depicting a landscape. You can get everything in a quick look, and, as well, you can spend hours looking to the details at such or such level. And this is a beautiful landscape.

Emanating from this EP is a feeling of serenity, out of time. I would bet that people involved in its creation knew exactly what they were doing. Which can be seen as various and different things, but for me it was, setting up a kind of standard for a certain kind music. Sometimes I play some music, you know. When I write songs, I have to keep in mind such releases and what they mean.

If I had to sum up, I would say that people who enjoy good music are the ones this album is the more recommended. Providing you are not afraid by a slight 'Musician Music' touch. And for people who do not enjoy good music, this can be a good starting point, because this album is both rich and accessible, and has inner qualities that will reward you for the time you'll spend obtaining it and for starting to listen.

No comments: