Sep 15, 2012

Panda Kid releases new video single, more songs expected

Yes, this paper is a kind of scam. It is a news post that pretend to be a review. Or maybe a review that pretend to be a news post. I mean, I do not use to review singles here, but, hey, we are talking about the great Panda Kid, one of the best bands that ever crossed my path !

If you read the title, you know the most important : Panda Kid just released a new single video on YouTube, it is entitled Icecream, and the vid's description seems to indicate that more songs where recorded and that a release is to be expected.

It also says that it was recorded in a real underground place, a cave or cellar or whatever such a place is meant to be called, you know, these rooms that are under your feet when you are entering a building... Using analog lightweight studio equipment. I suppose the release was produced by the band.

And... Oooooch ! What a shock ! I almost never saw such a great level of achievement when talking about lofi production. The sound is great, just perfect, and no need to say that I wait for more songs... Or to be true that I can't wait for the other songs !

This great masterfulness in lofi production skill, when aggregated with the very pure talent that the project showed for years - not much years, but it is now a well known fact - for writing killer melodies and songs, in a psych garage 60's way, but stonewashed with DIY/early punk influences, ends up in something you should not sleep on.

Oh, wait, I don't need to say more. I summed up as well as I can. If you don't go to The Famous Tube to listen to this gem right now, there's nothing more that I can do.

No comments: