Sep 6, 2012

No Monster Club - Posthumous Hits

Are you in a hurry ? Then hurry more ! THere's only 100 copies produced of this 90 minutes cassette, you can order them from the Already Dead Tape label's website, or straight from the band, on Nomonsterclub.com.

No Monster Club is like a laser. You know the story of the laser... Ordinary light just radiate in any directions, while laser light beams are all parallel, they all go in the same direction.

And No Monster Club is going, and pretty much far, in its very own direction.

This release shows a band at its best. I know I will not speak, loud and clear enough, I know expressing how great is this album if beyond my reviewer skills.

If you liked Dublin Duck Dispensary and the first "Tropical Decibels", this album is for you. If you liked more recent releases from No Monster Club as a trio, this album is for you.

Because it combines both aspects of the project... And as a result, this is also an excellent introduction to the band, and, I repeat, it is at its best, they are incredibly powerful, and if you never heard about No Monster Club until now, I suggest you to watch a few videos on the interweb, and then, maybe, to buy this album.

Because, if you are the kind of person that can enjoy the work of a project such No Monster Club, this particular album is especially recommended. It is highly accessible while also complex... And maybe you are wondering how I can review it while it was released two days ago and I physically hadn't the time to get my tape ?

That's just because the incredibly kind guys behind Already Dead Taoes & Records let me listen, very exclusively, to the album in its entirety, and they provided a sufficient audio quality for this to allow me to review the release without having ever received my cassette.

A review that will shortly loose most of its interest, since, judging by how fast the 250 vinyl copies of the previous release from the band got soldout, this 100 cassettes series will be only available for, I would say, two or three dozens of days at the greatest extend, so if I were you, I would hurry up to order. No Monster Club is classical music for the next thousand years, music that will stuck, and your grand grand children will thank you for having bought this tape.

No comments: