Jan 1, 2013

tiny moon - shitty unfinished yet​-​to​-​be​-​named demo 2013

Hello reader,

I'll start by introducing myself.

I'm a musician. I like music. I listen to some. Mostly mine. Whenever I meet an interesting project, I morbidly tend to spread the word about it.

This blog gathers the best I could find, for now. Each release review is about a... Release ! Each release reviewed was at the time I published the review, seen by me as among the best I ever met. In most cases, the decision-taking process is quite non-rational.

Today this, is about the brand new tiny moon 3-tracks maxi-mini-whatever.

I discovered tiny moon, reviewed shortly thereafter, and months after this, contacted him because this online magazine that is a blog, was changing its internet address.

Then the band told me about new stuff available, and now it's looping in random mode, here.

Ok, it's time for choice. I made mine. I won't delete this draft and will go on.

Everything is still here. Everything I wrote in the previous tiny moon review is somehow still true.

In the meanwhile, evolving can be spotted. Grab your glass - according to E.A. Poe, such a word in a sailor's mouth, at the time he was writing, was almost always to talk about a device made to see for miles.

No Monster Club once sang, if I heard correctly, "try to do much better, try to be more mysterious". As I wrote a long time ago, there's similarities between No Monster Club and tiny moon, to me.

And, it's alright, it's alright, alright, she moves, in mysterious wa-a-a-ay (very subtle reference to an audio 90's blockbuster) : tiny moon is a clear evidence as well as a deep mystery.

Let's be factual : technical skill in the instrument use may be heard more clearly, to me, compared to Songs About Girls And Stuff.

Compared to Songs About Girls And Stuff, that I haven't listened to for long and for which my opinion is more and more colored by my being, well, it's as good or possibly way better.

This review is being written in the French afternoon of Dec 30, and will be scheduled for automagic availability on January first of the year 2013, at midnight plus one minute, UTC.

I think that, as well as it is important that Underketing was started last year with Desperadow, tiny moon should be the first 2013 post.

You like this stuff. This, is for sure. Because you did not land on this page without reason, and these reasons are the reason why I think you like this stuff.

So then, next sibling, up to you, go ahead :

http://tinymoon.bandcamp.com/album/shitty-unfinished-yet-to-be-named-demo-2013

No comments: