Oct 14, 2015

Nikta - Ruby

Once again, the very nice folks at Already Dead Tapes sent me for reviewing purpose a very nice release that, once again, really deserves that I spent a bit of time to resurrect once more Underketing in order to spread the word about something that, you can ben sure, has its place in the list of the best cultural artifacts produced by mankind...

Yeah, cause, you know, I only talk here about the best releases that reach my ears. I don't want to write to say "uh, this is a good release but I don't like that much this or that", no, I write, outside the fact that it is because I can write, mainly to share what drove me to unknown skies at the speed of an alien star ship.

And, Nikta, with a definitive sens of what art should be, punched me down the ring with what is, to me, the best surprise from the world's dark electronica scene that I encountered since, say, Clathrus or *Ne Mochite Ranenyh Krotov*. Organic, sensual, soulful, dark but in the meanwhile emanating a strange and naive, innocent feeling of hope, I think that I have the new record to play in my flat when friends come around.

When the playback ended, I just thought, "oh, already ? " ; I would have enjoyed hours more of such a musical travel. The strange keys, the chord instruments, and, moreover, the omnipresent overdrive, drove me to a yet unknown land of discoveries and soft surprises ; I mean, surprises that are not brutal ones, but that insinuate into your mind at an unconscious level until you suddenly think "wait... This guy really did that ? ".

To sum up, I would definitively suggest you to give this album a listen. I'm not here to talk in vain, as I said before. I guess that most of people who will listen to my advice and click on the link above will also order one of the 50 lovely cassettes that have been printed. Definitively, a real, nice, good surprise for the current year, maybe the best release I heard in 2015, I don't know.

I wish that Nikta, formerly know as Fear Konstruktor, will never give up and keep on releasing for long. I hope that Joshua from Already Dead Tapes will for long still know what fits my mood and send me releases like this one. Once again, the label hit the bull's eye, and I just couldn't remain silent and sleep on this gem, I had to write a bit about it, and I'm done, forget bout what I said and go listen, make your own opinion, and you may eventually get to the same conclusion that came to me : here's the new soundtrack for when friends come home.

No comments: