Aug 29, 2013

contron - some new songs by the freewheelin contron

Hi all,

Here we are for a new review of a contron album. Maybe you'll remember the previous one ? Well, this one is, it's now usual, very pleasant. Some lo-fi recording, voice nevertheless heavily here, guitar, sometimes harmonica, and that's all.

The contron magic resides maybe in the hypnotic voice lines alongside with guitar arpeggios and chords, and, all I can say is that the magic operates. This album is a kind of masterpiece. I can't believe I waited till today before I went to the contron Bandcamp ( http://contron.bandcamp.com/ ) to realize there were a new album available.

I talked about chords and arpeggios, but solos are very nice too. I talked about the hypnotic part of the voice lines, and I must stress on this point : the voices are very addictive, if that's the kind of thing you like.

Overall, a really neat album, that I would recommend if you like this kind of american music, very soulful.

You can download this album in a name-your-price manner, including for free, and if I were you, I wouldn't miss this opportunity to discover (unless you were wise enough to listen to the previous one after reading the review here) someone who definitively deserve to be called a great musician.

I wish I could have written for this review for much more lines, but actually I think I summed up quite well : this is a sort of must-have. I got my copy. What are you waiting for ?

No comments: